A chance to run your own established rental business in this European paradise.
WHAT IS THE BUSINESS?
This unique rural tourism hot spot presents a fantastic opportunity for a buyer looking for something new and exotic!
Established in 2004, it comes with a stunningly beautiful house – shared by the owners with two self-catering holiday rentals and a luxury glamping yurt – and a garden located in the glorious Natural Park of the high Alpujarras of Granada province. It’s an exquisite region of tiny white villages clinging to the mountainside of the mighty Sierra Nevada.
You can expect to enjoy a good income from this fully licensed rental which comes with the potential for expansion. Unlike many similar ventures, this mountain lodge maintains consistently strong business year-round, averaging a 60-70% occupation rate.
This property comes with space, natural beauty and a real sense of peace while being just a short walk/drive from the charming villages of La Taha and Pórtugos, with a market, shops, health centre, bank and schools for primary and secondary ages.
The current owners are looking to retire, hence their selling this Spanish utopia.
WHAT DOES THE BUSINESS OFFER?
The property comes with a wealth of attractive elements, including:
• A gorgeous mountain lodge with 10,000m2 of irrigated land, consisting of a garden and areas for growing vegetables
• Additional garden buildings for flexible use: workshop, studio, yoga space, etc.
• The property comes with the goodwill of the business, including websites, placements on major booking sites, mail listings, etc.
• Consistent scores of 9+ on booking agencies
• Listed by the Guardian as one of the top ten mountain lodges in Europe
• Amenities include underfloor central heating, mains water & electricity, solar panels for hot water, internet access, irrigation water, etc.
• The business is fully legal & documented, along with up-to-date escritura (deeds)
You’ll find that the owner’s accommodation is spacious and well-appointed, plus a further en suite double bedroom offers further flexible lodging. All apartments in the property have private spaces and separate entrances.
The yurt sits in a secluded area with a private bathroom and kitchen and is suitable for couples and families.
The gardens are spectacular and so beautiful as to have been featured in several TV documentaries.
There is also a huge amount of variety in what the business offers guests, as the current owners also run:
• Evening meals and fully catered walking holidays
• Visitors to the gardens, be they individuals, groups or coach parties
• The garden building – separate from the main building – hosts musical concerts, catering events, and a small cookery school using the large woodfire oven and
The business already has plenty of future bookings lined up, so you don’t have to worry about starting from scratch when you take over.
The Alpujarras has seen a significant increase in tourist popularity over the last few years, and you will receive support from the local town halls, which are happy to help businesses bring in tourism. They also welcome expansion and entrepreneurism, so bring your sense of ambition!
Malaga, Granada and America airports are nearby, and this countryside property, though calm and peaceful, is only 300 metres from the main road, with excellent vehicle access to the door.
The guests regularly comment on the peace and tranquillity, qualities you can enjoy all year round.
Asking Price: €575,000
Please see below for more information